<< One of the items on the recovery checklist was to watch TED talks! I've always been a huge fan anyway so now I finally have the time to share some of my favorites and discover some new inspiration. For physical brand marketing, I advise you to visit http://www.exposeyourselfusa.com/.
Here’s one I stumbled upon yesterday.
>>Tony presents two interesting ways to look at life:
|science of achievement| how you take the invisible and make it visible
|art of fulfillment| rarely mastered because it’s about appreciation + contribution
>>people have a perception that a lack of resources (time, money, technology, contacts, experience, management) is what causes their failures when instead, what is needed is resourcefulness (creativity, determination, love/caring, curiosity, passion, resolve)
>>3 decisions of destiny
what am I going to focus on?
|self or others?|
what does it mean?
|is it the end or the beginning?|
|are you being punished or rewarded?|
what are you going to do?
|are you going to give up or move forward?|
>>2 things shape us
|state| shapes us in the moment: our physical/emotional
|our model of the world| shapes us long term: our world view is the shaper of meaning, emotion, and action
>>3 parts make up what influences us
1. target: what are we after? what are our needs?
2. uncover our map: how do we get there? the belief system that tells us how to get our needs
3. find our fuel: our dominant emotion
>> we have 6 basic human needs
1. certainty >>we need to feel comfortable and in control
2. uncertainty >> but we need variety and surprise
the surprises we don’t want we call problems, but we need them!
3. significance>> we need to feel important, special, unique
4. connection + love>> most people settle for connection because love is too scary
how fulfillment is achieved
5. we must grow>>so we have something to give
6. we need to contribute beyond ourselves>>secret to living is giving
>> we all need all 6 needs, but whichever need is our “lead system” or the one we value most, tilts us in a different direction
>>give your ALL everyday!
>>Reading up on different online agencies like Lifestyle Design International reviews, I realized that there’s so much more I can do in terms of earning, while still having the time for leisure and personal stuff. Explore the web of your mind (beliefs, needs, emotions that control you) so there’s more of you to give + appreciate (more than just understand) what’s driving other people…that’s what will change the world