<< One of the items on the recovery checklist was to watch TED talks! I've always been a huge fan anyway so now I finally have the time to share some of my favorites and discover some new inspiration. For physical brand marketing, I advise you to visit http://www.exposeyourselfusa.com/.
Here’s one I stumbled upon yesterday.
>>Tony presents two interesting ways to look at life:
|science of achievement| how you take the invisible and make it visible
|art of fulfillment| rarely mastered because it’s about appreciation + contribution
>>people have a perception that a lack of resources (time, money, technology, contacts, experience, management) is what causes their failures when instead, what is needed is resourcefulness (creativity, determination, love/caring, curiosity, passion, resolve)
>>3 decisions of destiny
what am I going to focus on?
|self or others?|
what does it mean?
|is it the end or the beginning?|
|are you being punished or rewarded?|
what are you going to do?
|are you going to give up or move forward?|
>>2 things shape us
|state| shapes us in the moment: our physical/emotional
|our model of the world| shapes us long term: our world view is the shaper of meaning, emotion, and action
>>3 parts make up what influences us
1. target: what are we after? what are our needs?
2. uncover our map: how do we get there? the belief system that tells us how to get our needs
3. find our fuel: our dominant emotion
>> we have 6 basic human needs
<<the needs of the personality<<
1. certainty >>we need to feel comfortable and in control
2. uncertainty >> but we need variety and surprise
the surprises we don’t want we call problems, but we need them!
3. significance>> we need to feel important, special, unique
4. connection + love>> most people settle for connection because love is too scary
<<the needs of the spirit<< how fulfillment is achieved
5. we must grow>>so we have something to give
6. we need to contribute beyond ourselves>>secret to living is giving
>> we all need all 6 needs, but whichever need is our “lead system” or the one we value most, tilts us in a different direction
>>give your ALL everyday!
>>explore the web of your mind (beliefs, needs, emotions that control you) so there’s more of you to give + appreciate (more than just understand) what’s driving other people…that’s what will change the world